HERE ARE 6 POINTERS FROM RICHARD BRANSON:
1. Exercise – As well as being a very keen kitesurfer Richard loves to start his days with a swim or a game of tennis on Necker Island. Healthy body, healthy mind it would seem.
2. Keeping lists – “I have always lived my life by making lists: lists of people to call, lists of ideas, lists of companies to set up, lists of people who can make things happen. Each day I work through these lists, and that sequence of calls propels me forward.”
3. Love what you do – “I don’t think of work as work and play as play. It’s all living.”
4. Don’t get the accountants in too early – “I never get the accountants in before I start up a business. It’s done on gut feeling”
5. The art of delegation – “You must understand the art of delegation. I have to be good at helping people run the individual businesses, and I have to be willing to step back. The company must be set up so it can continue without me.”
6. Set yourself big goals – “My interest in life comes from setting myself huge, apparently unachievable challenges and trying to rise above them.”